- Buy a mixed box, or select from available items. Add extras to your order, like milk, eggs, coffee or cheese
- Get a regular delivery or just a one off. Extras can be regular or one off too.
- Free Delivery for Wellington orders of $49 and over
- Free Delivery for North Island orders, beyond Paraparaumu or Upper Hutt of $150 and over
- Delivery fee of $15 otherwise. Sorry, no delivery to the South Island or Rural addresses
- We accept payment via PayPal, Credit Card or Bank Transfer. Please place and pay for orders 2 working days before delivery
- Delivery days are Wednesday, Thursday and Friday each week, your available day will be shown at the checkout
- If as delivery day doesn't show on the delivery date picker, please send us a message or email, you are probably the first person in your area so we need to confirm when we can deliver to you
We maintain the quality of your produce by using the right packaging, speedy, careful delivery and by taking care of the produce from all the way to your doorstep.
Every Organic Box comes with a guaranteed variety of produce.
- The small box will contain 3-4 different fruits and 5-7 different vegetables
- The standard box contains 3-5 different fruits and 7-9 different vegetables
- The large box contains 4-6 different fruits and 9-11 different vegetables.
Of course if you have fruits or vegetables which you dislike, we will replace these from other available varieties, but a large dislike list will inevitably reduce the variety in your box.
The word 'Organic' is not a legislated term in New Zealand, therefore the only way to ensure that a growers processes are truly organic is to ask for third party certification. Organic Boxes only supplies produce from growers who have, or who are converting to, fully certified status
Certification involves soil sampling, auditing of farming practices and regular re-inspections by the certification authority; BioGro, AgriSure, Demeter or OFNZ to name the four New Zealand ones. Several suppliers claim to have their own certification, this is just nonsense. A key element of certification is independence.
Passion for the environment
We only have one planet, once it is poisoned or the finite resources are gone, its gone. We already have all the technology and knowledge we need to feed far more than the world’s population, without using artificial fertilisers or pesticides. The 'green revolution' was a holocaust in disguise and we are reaping it’s harvest in pollution and disease.
However, Organic Boxes does not want to see a return to a pre-industrial world, we believe that technology will provide sustainable solutions to large scale organic farming issues.
The most effective response to our need for energy is to use it sustainably. Reuse and minimisation are the key aspects of sustainability, followed by repurposing and recycling, finally composting returns truly unwanted or unusable resources back to the earth for nature to reuse and to complete the cycle.
Organic Boxes reuses all it’s packaging and so freely collects all empty boxes. In the future we will be changing from Polystyrene boxes to boxes which have the added benefit of being compostable.
Real value not cut price
Organic agriculture is smaller scale and more labour intensive than the current, conventional, chemical agriculture, therefore the produce costs more. There are few if any subsidies available for organic growers and the extra cost of certification must also be passed on to the consumer. This makes organic food more expensive.
However if the cost of conventional farming is poor health and a toxic environment, then the value of certified organic farming, once the price of health care and the toxic cleanup is taken into account, is vastly more.
Pay the farmer now, not the doctor later.
A Lifestyle Symbol
Being environmentally responsible has often been linked to being a ‘hippie’, or a ‘treehugger’. During the 1990’s environmental activists were painted as long haired, unkempt and anti-establishment. In reality there is a large, mainstream movement toward sustainability and environmental responsibility.
From hybrid and battery electric vehicles to designer, organic cotton clothing, the rich, famous and social elite are setting the trend which many of us aspire to.
Organic Boxes provides a clear message to family and friends that you are taking positive action to reduce your impact on the planet and your health while at the same time supporting the New Zealand economy, but with all the advantages of the highest quality produce available.
Like the Prius effect and the Tesla smile, is it time for you to enjoy The Organic Boxes Lifestyle?